You can’t expect to thrive at a new level, where you’re doing new things, without going through a process of expansion. And that process is always uncomfortable.
And every time you try to step up to a new level, you will hit a bunch of inner roadblocks (which often appear as outer roadblocks) that need to be identified and integrated to expand into that next level of being.
Sometimes it’s nice to have help with that. :)
I can help you get “there” faster.
Who I Am
I’m Shawn Phelps.
I’m an Intuitive Coach/Shortcut/Person-who-can-quickly-know-you-better-than-yourself so you can get where you want to go faster.
I work with people who are into continuously expanding their capacity to do cool stuff in a way that leads to authentic success.
I have both a gift (natural born intuitive) and a proven 4-part process that always leads to results (because I’m all about results) for helping them break through whatever’s holding them back from their “next level”, so they can express their highest potential in this world. The core of my work is teaching people how to align with and develop profound trust in their own Truth/Inner Compass.
I’m also into chocolate croissants, kick-ass cappuccinos and salsa/bachata dancing—which I’m just learning at age 46!—and living life to fullest, because no one gets out of here alive, you know?
Want to know more? I’m an author, travel junkie, life experimenter, urban gardener, and I make a mean mohito slushy. For those who are into cred, I’ve worn many hats on my life journey so far: former senior editor at a national business magazine, college teacher, corporate workshop leader, brand storyteller, and director of my own children’s education charity, which helped over 400 children in Laos and India.
I’m also human, like you, with my own issues that I’m still integrating. For example, I’m on the introvert spectrum with social anxiety. We are all perfectly imperfect, and I believe that part of rocking our lives is embracing all of who we are.
Want more details?
- author (a backpacking self-discovery travel memoir called Help Me, Asia) and award-winning magazine profile writer
- cultural explorer (I’ve travelled through almost 30 countries. Currently in mad love with: Merida, Mexico!)
- lifelong student of leaders who practice profound self trust and live life on their own terms (Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, Marie Forleo, Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Khoarai Khoarai and more) and, as I mentioned in “My Why” section, I’ve tried my hand at leadership myself running my own children’s charity, and teaching and facilitating.
- life experimenter (I “donated” one year of my life to community volunteer work; attempted to grow a “food forest” farm on a 2-acre homestead; grew vegetables on my condo balcony; seriously flirted with being a pastry chef; spent thousands on intensive workshops where I faced fears like walking on coals; and read hundreds of books on how our psyche is formed + how the Universe was formed + the works of great leaders, spiritual masters and entrepreneurs.)
- story explorer (My background as a magazine profile writer and business magazine editor + years of reading the works of literary masters like Don DeLillo and Margaret Atwood, led to profound insights into how our own characters are formed, the Hero’s Journey we go on, our character arcs and so on (I also explored Joseph Campbell’s work around this).
- spiritual explorer (I’ve meditated with monks and nuns throughout SEAsia; completed multiple 10-day meditation retreats (had a spontaneous Kundalini awakening in one of them in 2004); invested 15 years into developing the ability (via daily meditation and other practices) to hold a powerful container of presence/consciousness that makes it possible to untangle shadow parts of a psyche and clear away blocks)
- AND MEDIUM (I was born with the ability to feel/connect with spirits. No, I can’t “see dead people”. That said, I can connect with them when it’s helpful for someone’s journey, but it’s not the focus of my work. My special thing is that I channel guidance from your own soul/spirit.
Why I Get Results
I’m able to get the incredible results I do for my clients for one very important reason. I don’t just give you all the answers. I teach you how to get those answers from inside yourself. To use a cliche metaphor: I don’t give you a fish. I teach you how to fish. My whole process is built on teaching you how to connect with and trust your own Inner Compass, which you were born with to help you live your authentic purpose. I know this is going to sound cheesy but bear with me—that compass is your heart, which speaks to you through your desires and emotions.
But life added an extra level of challenge to this game. During your childhood, you were taught not to trust your desires and emotions. You were trained to look outside of yourself for answers. And to make things even more interesting, your childhood experiences created a large library of beliefs (most of which you don’t even know you have), all of which are linked to certain emotions. And most of those beliefs are bullshit, so the connected emotions also cannot be trusted.
So maybe now you’re getting an idea of why your Inner Compass ain’t always working so well for ya.
I help smooth those glitches. We do the deep work required together to help you get that Inner Compass working smoothly again, so you can continue confidently and joyfully on your path as your badass self.
Let me be clear. It’s not about you becoming more than what you are to break through to your next level. It’s about you letting go of all the things you’re not, that don’t align with your truth, your heart. Then you can just sit back and watch the magic happen!
Does that make sense?
If it does, and you want some help, check me out. After years of working with hundreds of people, I’m able to help you identify and shift what’s in your way much more quickly than you could on your own.
HOW DO YOU WANT TO FEEL?
How you’ll feel after I help you
My mission with my work is to show you how to radically trust yourself and heal everything in the way of that. Being connected to who you really ARE feels empowering; it feels good. As you would expect, right? Some other things you’ll probably feel… (click on the tab below)
How You'll Feel
- EXPANDED: The best part of working with me is that it expands who you ARE, so more things become possible for you. You’re still “YOU”, but an expanded version, with less limitations. This expansiveness feels really good—hopeful, because you can see how your life can just keep getting better. For example, I’m 45, and my life has been getting better every year for the past 15 years, since I started doing my own inner work to release everything in the way of aligning with my Self.
- RELIEVED: The worst part of having a problem is not knowing how to solve it. Since I show you the root cause of the problem + help you make some immediate shifts around it + provide simple homework that will solve it so long as you do it….yeah, there is no reason not to feel relieved!
- EXCITED: After we find the problem and solution we can move on to the fun stuff of upcoming doorways of possibility that will feel great, intentionally creating new doorways of possibility, and building energetic momentum. When you do things that are aligned with who you are, energy moves to support you quickly, and it’s exciting.
- JOYFUL: Often, after completing my one-week intensive, my clients experience flashes of joy, because their True Self feels acknowledged and begins to feel hopeful that you’re actually going to align your life with things that genuinely make you happy; with who you ARE. And why the hell wouldn’t you, now that you know you can?
- FOCUSED/DECISIVE: Since you’ll know exactly what you have to do to move powerfully in the direction of your happiness and highest potential, it’s a lot easier to make decisions and move forward.
The results of working with me
The main result of working with me is you can stop wasting time trying to figure stuff out and direct all your energy toward taking action. You’ll have all the information and tools you need to create momentum in the direction of your purpose and potential—though actually taking that action will still depend on you!
All of the world’s most well known leaders and entrepreneurs, from Oprah and Richard Branson to the Dalai Lama, deeply trust themselves. They are not thrown off by failures, others’ opinions, rejection or judgments. And they don’t try to build their success by copying someone else’s model.
They use their Inner Compass (their True Self) to guide them on their path, and they have powerful momentum because all parts of them are aligned with this compass.
What would it feel like if you could trust yourself at this level?
Here’s what it feels like for my clients.
CONNECT WITH YOUR TRUE SELF
Work With Me
Want to join my Inner Circle of Trailblazers who are experiencing huge breakthroughs and momentum towards living their purpose and potential? Learn about working with me and set up your free 15-min consult HERE.
Want detailed articles, tips and tools that will help you align with your True Self on your own? Sign up for my newsletter below, and you’ll also learn your 3 levels of purpose + get links to my free tools and resources!